Friday, May 18, 2012

Confessions of an addict

Shortly after noon, I took my first drink of the day.  It tasted so good, just like I remember it tasting so many times before.  Without hesitation I took another drink, and then another.  Before long I found myself firing them back.  I could not stop and lost count of how many I had. 

Despite how much I had drunk, I was disappointed that I still couldn’t catch a buzz.  I craved that buzz, dare I say, I needed that buzz.  So I kept drinking more. 

As I raised my drink to my lips again, I realized that what people had warned me about had come true.  I had become an addict.  But, you know what?  I don’t care.  I will continue to drink as long as I darn well please.  My addiction makes me happy, and that’s all that matters to me right now.

But today, I was an upset addict, as I couldn’t catch a buzz no matter how much I drank.  I then looked on the counter and I saw the reason why.  My wife had tampered with my drink without telling me.

Yeah, she made decaf this morning.



4 comments:

  1. Oh... my... gosh.... How could she!? Do you want me to have a talk with her? Cuz I will!! pshaw..... decaf.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one! I was worried about you for a minute there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy! That means I wrote this one well, then!

      Delete